The quality mark is awarded to schools and other settings that demonstrate a commitment to working with families and evidence of the activities that demonstrate close working with families.
We started with IIF Wales which is now a national scheme, with national standards, that is accredited locally. We plan to invite all schools and family relevant settings throughout 2022 to join us.
Investors in Families is designed to:
- Value and support the important role that families play in the life of the child
- Promote social inclusion and a sense of wellbeing through positive participation in the child’s education
- Provide a structure for schools and other settings to demonstrate their commitment to the Rights to Action agenda
- Encourage a whole-setting approach to working with families
- Enable schools and organisations to network and share good practice
- Support from IIF associates as settings work towards accreditation
- Access to the members-only website where our Library of Effective Practice has been developed
- A newsletter with up to date information on working with families to improve educational outcomes
- The opportunity to attend regular seminars covering topical issues and showcasing effective practice (currently all held virtually)
- Places at the annual IIF Conference – when we are able to resume
Currently, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are charging settings annually rather than in a 3 year tiered system as we had previously. Membership is £300/year for primary or special schools and £500/year for a secondary school for as long as you are a member of Investors in Families.
This membership fee includes all the costs of the accreditation or re-accreditation, which take place every three years, plus all of the other benefits of membership.
If the membership cost is not paid annually then the setting will lose it’s right to retain their IIF membership and benefits and therefore any future re-accreditations due.
Library of Effective Practice
If you are looking for the Library of Best Practice to view other school’s activities or to upload your own, please visit the library here.