The quality mark is awarded to schools and other settings that demonstrate a commitment to working with families and evidence of the activities that demonstrate close working with families.
We started with IIF Wales which is now a national scheme, with national standards, that is accredited locally. We plan to invite all schools and family relevant settings throughout 2022 to join us.
Investors in Families is designed to:
- Value and support the important role that families play in the life of the child
- Promote social inclusion and a sense of wellbeing through positive participation in the child’s education
- Provide a structure for schools and other settings to demonstrate their commitment to the Rights to Action agenda
- Encourage a whole-setting approach to working with families
- Enable schools and organisations to network and share good practice
- Support from IIF associates as settings work towards accreditation
- Access to the members-only website where our Library of Effective Practice has been developed
- A newsletter with up to date information on working with families to improve educational outcomes
- The opportunity to attend regular seminars covering topical issues and showcasing effective practice (currently all held virtually)
- Places at the annual IIF Conference – when we are able to resume
We have lowered our fees to take into account virtual communication, support and accreditation. From the 1st July 2023, the cost for all Schools will be £500 – Year 1 (Bronze Award); £400 – Year 2 (Silver Award) and £300 – Year 3 (Gold Award). This is a 3-year process and can be followed up by an optional Platinum Award for £200 (Year 4). Once the Platinum Award has been awarded, for you to continue your accreditation and maintain the standards you have achieved, there is an ongoing annual membership fee of £150. For this, we ask you, on an annual basis, to go through a self-assessment form which we check over to assist you in maintaining the standards required. You will still have access to the Library, networking, forums, development tools, newsletter, any training that is relevant and keep your IiF Accredited school status.
Other settings can be negotiated depending on their status.
Library of Effective Practice
If you are looking for the Library of Best Practice to view other school’s activities or to upload your own, please visit the library here.